I have excitingly got nominated for a Liebster Award! A Liebster Award is an award that honors new and upcoming bloggers by other bloggers. It is actually such a great and honoring award because you are being recognized by your peers and other fellow bloggers that admire your work.
Not only have I been nominated just this past week, I also have been nominated two other times, all by great bloggers. I have been nominated once a month for the past three months and I am so honored that these three bloggers have even considered to nominate me.
Unfortunately, the other nominations I did not do a blog post over due to a combination of anxiety, dropping the ball, and just a crazy life hijinks.
I haven’t been that great with keeping up with the blogverse, and for that, I apologize. What I mean by that is the fact that I haven’t been very good at connecting with others through my blog. Starting and maintaining a blog is work in of itself, but there is a lot more to it than just writing blog posts there is also the social aspect of it all. There are the social media platforms to sign up for and to spread your news far and away. To gain followers, to fans, to possible friends and as you go down a new journey altogether.
Given that I created a “blog”, I never really thought how personal it can be and I’m not much of a person to talk about myself. This isn’t really me coming up with an excuse, but my attempt at opening up a little bit more to my audience.
So I will be making amends to the other two nominators by combining all these questions I have been asked into one huge super post. And my deep apologies for not doing this sooner.
Rules of the Liebster Award
Upon being nominated for the Liebster Award, you have some rules to follow. When I was nominated for this award by three different blogs, the rules were a little different from each one. But they all had this in common:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you are given.
- Nominate bloggers, you think fit the criteria.
- Ask those bloggers questions for their tag.
Here are the most recent rules I will follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you and share a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post or featuring the image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog (not your own). Explain why this blog is your favorite and provide a link.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the recognition of the Liebster, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, inform the nominees that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post so that they can learn about the award.
The Little DisMaid
My first nomination was from Arielle at The Little DisMaid, a blog that I had been following ever since I entered the world of Twitter. The Little DisMaid is like a breath of fresh air, and which I love reading whenever she posts a new article. Which is quite frequently. Not only does Arielle write about Disney, and her time working for them, but she also writes very personally about herself and takes you in her world. I definitely recommend her site. She has also written a book about her time as a cast member at Disney’s Animal Kingdom(Arielle in the Animal Kingdom). Please go check her out!
I answered her questions here: Personal Tag
Vera.Vise WOW Travel
Amanda at VeraVise was another astounding blogger that nominated me back in September. The name might be familiar because she is the founder of the Twitter Chat I participate in, called #DisFanChat. I met Amanda through a Disney blogging group of Facebook when she was asking who would help her start Twitter chats. Through her, I’ve met an amazing group of ladies, who also love Disney as much/if not more than me, as we get together each week and discuss various Disney topics. VeraVise is a travel website on locations that bring that “wow” factor on your vacation. Through traveling with her family, she is helping others find the best vacation spots. Highly recommend visiting her site.
Her questions to me:
1.Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging due to a conversation I had with my cousin over Disney. She was thinking about going to Disneyland with her kids, and I guess I went a little overboard about tips to make her trip better. She said I had “too” much information, and it kind of grew from there.
2. How has your blog evolved or changed since you began?
My blog has changed quite a bit since I’m learning new things every day. I’m starting to like my simplistic style that I have going on now. I am still a “blogging baby”, as it were, I started this website in May of this year. So I know I have a lot more to learn and a lot more evolving.
3.What aspect of writing a Travel Blog do you most enjoy?
I’m not really a travel blog, but I do read them a lot to get tips and tricks from.
4. What aspect of writing a Travel Blog do you least enjoy?
I’m not really a travel blog, but I personally don’t like when travel blogs don’t interject their personality into them.
5.Since I know you love Disney, tell us about why you became passionate enough about Disney to write about it?
I have a passion for Disney ever since I was a little kid and my mom would take me to Disneyland. Something about the parks has this magic to them. And it doesn’t stop at the parks, the films and television shows just know how to get to your heart and hold on. With this passion, I continued to follow Disney no matter where I was. I continued to watch the films, the television shows, the DCOMs, the toys, the games and build up a lot of insight and knowledge that I feel like I need to share this with others.
Anati from Disney Adulting nominated me just recently in October, and I was truly gobsmacked when I received her nomination. Disney Adulting is a blog that points out that Disney is also for adults too! Starting out of being repeatedly asked “Isn’t Disney just for kids?”, this blog has proud stands up in defiance and says “no!”. There is so much to this blog, I can’t begin to tell you what is my favorite part of it. Frequent posts with a huge passion for the Disney brand is what I love the most. Please head on over!
Questions asked of me:
- Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog mainly out of a passion for Disney. I have always followed what Disney was doing with their parks, movies, and channels that I felt I wanted to share my knowledge. I know there are a lot of websites with the same niche of Disney news, tips, and pointers, but I wanted to help those Disney fans that weren’t as close to the parks and events as I was. I wanted to share the fact that just because we choose our perfect home elsewhere, didn’t mean we were left out. That there were many ways to explore, learn and have Disney is our homes and lives with traveling all the time. They would seek and I would find.
2. What is your most prized possession?
I don’t particularly have an item them that I treasure more than anything. I moved a lot from the time I was kid till up until I met my husband, so I didn’t hold on to anything. So possession-wise I don’t, but if you are thinking other than possession what would be considered a “treasure” to me, it would be my son. I never thought I would be a mom, but my son, is the most precious thing that I have ever created and has changed me for the better.
3. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
A chocolate espresso pot de’creme. I forgot where I got it from but it was the silkiest smooth, cafe’ infused pot de’creme I have ever had. I have a mighty sweet tooth.
4. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide a link.)
Probably Top 5 Disney Apps: To Chase Away the Disney Blues. I had so much fun writing it because all the game apps that I played were so much fun. It didn’t hurt that the “research” for it was just me playing games for a week, trying out all the challenges, and looking for their flaws. It didn’t hurt that I caught notice of a Disney Podcaster who interviewed me about the subject.
5. Who is your favorite travel companion?
My family, my husband, and my son. My son may be a little young to understand where or why we are going and can be a cranky pants but I wouldn’t travel without him. We are going to take a big road trip to Anaheim soon, so we will see how well it goes. I haven’t traveled with a toddler for such a long distance since my brothers were babies.
6. Which Disney character best defines you and why?
This is a tough one because I can definitely pick bits and pieces of several characters that define me better than just one. I seem to resonate with Belle more, not only was Beauty and Beast my first theater Disney movie, but she was my favorite princess as a girl. I loved her when I was little because she had that beautiful gold dress and the fact she looks like me. All the other princesses were blonde with blue eyes, but she has my color hair and my color eyes and suddenly I didn’t feel that different anymore. If some who was brave, strong, and different could become a princess, I could too.
As an adult, she is still one of my favorites and I still feel close to her. She is different than anyone else. She was ridiculed by her own village and thought odd because she wasn’t doing normal girl things. I have always been called odd or awkward for liking different things, but it’s always what is inside that counts.
7. If there were no limitations (budget, time, etc.) what would the most amazing day at your favorite Disney Park look like?
If money, time, or budget wasn’t a problem I would probably extend the day to a week and choose Disney World. I would extend it to a week because there is so much I want to do that can’t be done in a single day without time constraints or exhaustion. Top 5 things I want to do on an all-expense paid trip to WDW would be:
- VIP Tour
- All 4 parks in one day, and riding all the thrill rides in each park.
- Victoria and Albert
- Grand Marshall at the Magic Kingdom
- Stay at Cinderella’s Suite
And I would only want to do this with my husband and son.
My Favorite Blog
I have a couple of blogs that I am always going back to and love to read, besides the three that nominated above and the girls from #Disfanchat.
Disney Fashionista -Disney Fashionista is a website designed to talk about all the latest fashion and accessories that is Disney made or Disney-inspired. I love this site so much that, I’m constantly going back to see what is new in the Disney fashion world. There are some articles that aren’t just about fashion, but other Disney items that can brighten your day. They are always up to date and constantly posting about the newest Minnie Ears, souvenirs, and Disney clothes. If you ever want to know what the latest trends are, I would recommend this site for anyone to keep in your sites to visit daily.
Disney Food Blog – DFB has really grown since the first time I noticed them, and it is wonderful that they did. The Disney Food Blog is exactly what is, it reports and updates everyone on the second best part of going to the parks, the food. Food is the star of this website, and boy does it make you hungry every time you catch an article or find their videos on Youtube. Along with the parks, the food is always changing and DFB is always there to catch the changes and additions of every little morsel you could eat. Everything is engaging on this website, and it’s my definite go to when I want to add more to my Disney food bucket list!
10 Random Facts About Me
- My eyes change colors from grey, green, brown, and hazel. Kind of freaky to others if they thought they knew my eye color.
- I was a culinary student and graduated. Love cooking, but baking the most.
- I used to have a creative cake business. It was a very small business in the town I used to live in, where I would do anything baked goods for special events. I have done two wedding cakes, birthday cakes more than I could count, graduation cake display, and “just because” treats. I miss it terribly and wish I could do it again.
- Actually went to college for graphic design. I dropped out, changed majors, and moved back home due to family issues.
- I am a semester away from getting a bachelor’s in Elementary Ed. I was a substitute teacher for a long time and I loved working with kids. The reality of it is, the state I live in doesn’t have a great salary for teachers and I would have to work a second job.
- “Alf” was my first word.
- I am 1/8th of an inch from being 6 foot. I’m a tall mama.
- Even though I love Montana, I hate the cold.
- My favorite Disney movie is Aladdin. I know all the words and songs by heart.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a Disney animator. Not a princess, an animator. I still love to draw to this day.
Now the 5 blogs I nominated are ones that admire and have not been nominated by those that have nominated me.
MouseQuest – MouseQuest is a blog that an all around Disney blog, that talks about news, tips, and information all about getting the best Disney vacation with the added bonus of a weekly podcast. It is run by a group of very Disney knowledgable cast!
MickeyPrep – A blog that helps you with all your Disney vacation prepping needs. This blog is very knowledgeable about helping you plan not only Disney but also with Universal. Save and plan with them, you won’t be disappointed.
Talk Disney To Me – If this site name hasn’t intrigued you already, this blog is hosted by another fellow Disnerd sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us, with cute insightful and newsworthy posts about all things Disney!
Magic, Memories, Mayhem – MMM is great all around the website with the heart of it being all about family. Whether you are looking for help planning your Disney vacation, crafts, or all around Disney fun, MMM has it!
Magically Megan -A Disney lifestyle blog that is pure magic. Magically Megan has perfectly mixed Disney and her personal life together and has a lot of heart. I love reading her craft blogs to bring a little bit of Disney into your everyday life.
Questions for you
- What made you begin to blog?
- Do you have a “home” Disney park?
- Do you have any advice for those beginning to start a blog?
- What is the one thing that brought Disney into your life?
- What is your favorite thing about your blog?
- Name your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?
- Do you have a favorite pair of ears, that you own or want to own?
Thank you again to those that nominated me and a sincere apology for taking so long to make this post. This is such a great award, and I hope it continues on!
If you are a blogger that was nominated for this post, please leave a link back to your Liebster Award post I would love to read your answers!
Kasi The MouSeeker